Thread: Unable to adjust laptop lcd backlight in Windows 7

Unable to adjust laptop lcd backlight in Windows 7

I recently installed Windows 7 RC on my AXIOO MLC series laptop. Now the problem is that i cannot adjust my lcd backlight brightness using Fn+F8 or Fn+F9. Even i can not adjust it through Windows Mobility Center in Control Panel. Can any one tell me that why i'm unable to adjust laptop lcd backlight in Windows 7? Anyone knows about it? Kindly help me to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Unable to adjust laptop lcd backlight in Windows 7

Unfortunately, it sounds to me as though your notebook display is not currently supported in Windows 7. Could be the CCFL bulb is on it's way out. These can be replaced if that's the case. However, when powering up into windows 7, you might just want to check to see if you can adjust the screen brightness click battery icon in status bar, then adjust screen brightness. Due to changes in various ACPI calls, you'll probably need to wait for AXIOO to provide Windows 7 drivers (or for a later release of Windows 7) before this works properly.

In either case, both parts are cheap enough, the inverter board being slightly cheaper (and easier to replace). I've similar problem with my HP laptop brightness hotkeys, but in my case, it is possible to change the brightness in Mobility center and also in the Control panel. Other ( e.g. Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 for sound volume) work properly. Many CCFL bulbs are very difficult to replace as it requires almost completely disassembling the display.

It is a power saving item to prevent drain on your battery. Go to the Control Panel -> Power Options and adjust it there. The controls that you are using is the only way to dim or brighten the screen. There is no other way to make it go any darker, anyways, why would you want a darker screen? Being that this is Vista then you will need to click the "Adjust the display brightness" on the left pane then you should have scroll bras under both the "On Battery" and "Plugged In".