Thread: Unchangeable low resolution

Unchangeable low resolution

I am using HP Pavalion Desktop model M9280. Some days before I removed some unused programs from start up option. After that when I started my PC it shows me screen in low resolution. I tried to change resolution using property window but resolution is still at the very lowest point and there is no change in display. Is this problem is related to virus attack? How I can solve this problem?

re: Unchangeable low resolution

I think you have problem related to your video card. It may be happened that you have corrupted video drivers so just update your video driver using internet or you can download latest video driver from internet and install it. While installing latest driver please uninstall old version of a driver. I think this will solve your problem.

I had same problem when I started my system. The resolution of monitor was fixed at the lowest point which was 800 x 600 and lowest color bit was 4 bit. I downloaded latest driver for video card using internet. To download driver, go to device manager and click on display adapter and click on update driver. Still you are facing the same problem then you have to contact with monitor manufacturer.

Unfortunately if you deleted the drivers then there is easiest and best way to rollback your video driver. Open device manager, in that click on display adapter. A new window will open, in that window just click on to rollback driver. You can also rollback your video driver by using system restore process. Click on start and go to help and support. In that click on system restore. It will automatically restores video driver.