Thread: GTX 295 BSOD problems

GTX 295 BSOD problems

I am having a lots of trouble with my new GTX 295 card. Well my problem is that when I enable Dual GPU support. Even when i start up any kind of game or 3D application, both my monitors would flicker black screens then finally go to the game screen. I can't ever start a game without a BSOD or in most cases the driver fails. Some of these games freeze the whole computer and causes it to restart OR BSOD when I try to open any other application. Can any one tell me that why i'm getting GTX 295 BSOD problems? Is there any change to be a hardware problem? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thank you in advance.

Re: GTX 295 BSOD problems

Did you uninstall the old card in the device manager before installing the new card? Could it be the PSU? Have you checked the temps? Is it running hot? First off did you enable SLI? Second is the comp a pre build if not what is your setup in more detail like what board and such. PS is the psu getting really hot?

Check temps. If they seem to be ok, and this keeps happening, make sure your card is hooked up right with your psu, sometimes a 6 pin has lower power out on multi connects coming from the psu. Uninstall your current driver from add\remove programs, re-boot into safe mode and run driver cleaner, then re-start in windows, install 186.18 and re-boot and see if this helps. It could be a power issue, not that the 1000 watts isnt enough, but your particular hookup isnt quite right. It could also just be a faulty card.

Have you tried turning up your fan speed manually to keep your temps a little lower to see if that helps? Use an older GPU. If it works, can be only GPU or PSU. Then, try the GPU on another PC. If it works, is the PSU.Usually, if its played fine in the past, it isn't drivers, unless you've noticed a change in performance since you changed drivers. Unchanged drivers, my bet is, faulty card, heat or power connects.