Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

LG L226WTQ LCD monitor error

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 07-11-2009
Members

LG L226WTQ LCD monitor error

I am running windows xp on my system and i hae recently got LG L226WTQ Lcd monitor . I have installed 2 gb Ram and hd 4870 graphics card. When try to play high graphics game or application which based on high resolution my monitor won't allow me to adjust screen resolution to 1024x768. It display an error message "Out of Range". Any one knows how to fix this?

Old 07-11-2009

Re: LG L226WTQ LCD monitor error

The cause of the problem may be the video card. Your system display card settings may too high for your l226wtq monitor. Boot your system into safe mode and set the display settings lower. Check through the various resolution options to make sure that there isn't a "double scan rate for low resolution" one or something similar.
Old 07-11-2009

It's video card driver or video card problem. Not the monitor driver. Quite probably the video card. Could also be AGP settings in the BIOS if it's an AGP card. This also happens when your screen resolution is set to something higher than what your monitor can display.
Old 07-11-2009

This behavior can occur if the signal from the video adapter exceeds the scan range of the new monitor. The video adapter setting for updating the screen (the refresh rate) is incompatible with the l226wtq monitor. Try to hit the power button to turn off the PC. When the power is on and press F8 to get the Windows Boot menu. Choose VGA Mode. Try the different resolutions/refresh rates.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,