Thread: Sharp LCD Projector Problem

Sharp LCD Projector Problem

I have a Sharp LCD projector with a native resolution of 1024 x 768. The display graphics seem to have the same settings as always, and the little graphic pops up showing the signal going from one monitor to two, but nothing through the projector. The picture quality is great from my DVD player but when I watch TV, the picture is not as bright, not as crisp, and the colors seem a little off. I have tried different projectors and same problem. We are using usb cabling between computer and projector. The projector works fine with other laptops. There is a utility under personalize/display options that allows you to detect another monitor, and it says that the external monitor is detected, but nothing. Can any body tell me that what is the actual problem with my LCD projector? Anyone has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: Sharp LCD Projector Problem

If your projector has a different interface than that of your notebook, you may need a conversion device such as a DVI-to-VGA cable or adapter. The projector resolution is currently 1024 x 768. As far as I know, this has not changed since the last time it worked properly. Next, connect the power cord for the projector to a nearby outlet. Also, connect the notebook’s auxiliary power cord to an outlet, in case your presentation lasts longer than the life of your notebook’s battery.

I have no experience of using USB connections to projectors. I am using VCR Output--> Scart to RCA converter--> RCA Cable--> RCA to S-video converter (suplied with projector. I have always used a video cable connection. With it is often necessary to hold down the fn key and press a function key to get the correct display sent to both laptop and video. You need to have multiple displays and choose the one for the projector.

Some projector and notebook setup problems have universal solutions. Sometimes the projector has software that you load. Other times there is a selection in Settings tab of the video that under Display gives you a choice of monitor types. For instance, if you want to prevent the screen saver from turning on during your presentation, disable it from the Control Panel’s Display Properties dialog box. There may be a setting for syncing the monitor/projector. Again it depends and would be found in the video driver settings. You should check the device manual or visit the manufacturer’s Web site for more information on the particulars of your hardware.