Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

monitor stays on power save mode after graphic card drivers are installed

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 26-10-2009

monitor stays on power save mode after graphic card drivers are installed

hiya guys and girls ....

i recently formated my hd after a virus i had and have started to re-installed all my drivers everything was working ok untill i installed my graphic card drivers after i had installed them my pc asked me to restart so i did now when my pc starts my screen goes black and says digital power saving mode all fans are working on the tower all lights and beeps just no screen ...... i have a LG Flatron w2252tq monitor and im running two nx8800gt cards in my pc , windows vista ... my set up is only 6 months old so everything is up to date and was working fine .... ive been doing a bit of hunting around but cant find a solution. i know my monitor works because i can get the screen up if i connect it to my laptop but as soon as its connected to the pc, screen goes blank , no screen so i cant get into bios , cant use recovery disc , cant system restore because i cant see anything ..

any ideas your help would be greatlly appreciated thank you

Old 27-10-2009

Re: monitor stays on power save mode after graphic card drivers are installed

yeah ive tried pressing F8 and no joy for all i know its starting in safe mode but no monitor change so cant see ... thank you for the reply
Old 27-10-2009

If you actually have Intel graphics and are installing NVidia drivers this will cause problems and the displays wont work correctly. You need to plug the monitor on the DVI of the card. Also, you may need to install a separate driver for the monitor as well, sometimes energy saving features won't quite work until you install both the latest video driver and the latest monitor driver.
Old 27-10-2009

Restart your computer and see if anything comes up. You have two Graphics cards so try to connect your monitor to other graphics card and see if you get a display. If that doesn't help try to remove one card and see if you get display... Do post back...
Old 30-01-2010

unsure Re: monitor stays on power save mode after graphic card drivers are installed

hi jester
I have the same problem and I don't think it has anything to do with the graphic card or any drivers, because the same thing happens when I connect the screen with my other pc (a netbook):
a few seconds it works and than it goes in power saving mode

(how) did you solve the problem?

iris
Old 05-02-2010
johnrocks

Install the graphic drivers again , there could be some corrupt files on your system.
Old 15-02-2010

it has nothing to do with the computer or the driver I think because it happens on 2 computers who otherwise work fine :-(
Old 20-11-2011

sad Re: monitor stays on power save mode after graphic card drivers are installed

pc keeps going into power save mode i know its not the graphics card because start up displays on the tv, however after started goes into power save mode but when i remove external graphic card and plug into internal it works fine but cant be external because that had no problems before and like i said if i put the external back in and hook to my tv when i turn it on i see the dell screen come up on both tv and monitor and am able to see all screens until it gets to my sign in screen then it goes into power save mode please help!?
Old 20-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by drealynn2307305 View Post
pc keeps going into power save mode i know its not the graphics card because start up displays on the tv, however after started goes into power save mode but when i remove external graphic card and plug into internal it works fine but cant be external because that had no problems before and like i said if i put the external back in and hook to my tv when i turn it on i see the dell screen come up on both tv and monitor and am able to see all screens until it gets to my sign in screen then it goes into power save mode please help!?
Have you tried reseating the cmos battery in the pc/laptop? It could be a power supply problem as well. You can also try the below method to see if it works:
  1. Turn of both monitor and PC (laptop in my case)
  2. Unplug the VGA wire from PC
  3. Turn on the monitor
  4. Plug the wire back to PC
  5. Turn on the PC and wait until Windows it is fully loaded

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , ,