Thread: Graphics bug with Windows XP SP3

Graphics bug with Windows XP SP3

I have a Packard Bell MX51-206 laptop which runs Windows XP, AMD Turion 64 X2 processor and NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100.

It has been already a long time since I installed sp3 (update offered by Windows), I quickly noticed that my video games, I like Stellarium software and my screensaver aquarium type did not work, or very infrequently. I thought it was related to vista appearance software that I had installed under the sp2 (BricoPack Vista Inspirat 2) which was not compatible with sp3. I then uninstalled by tracking all the little signs that he could stay. Result: complete pc crash, formatting!

So I did the housework, and have not reinstalled the software again. I made the proposed updates, including SP3. at first it seemed to work well, but there nothing: again the graphics settings are tripped, it seems that the graphics card does not support sp3. I have a good test to find out: I just look if the screen saver "aquarium" is working or not. When I launch a game or Stellarium, it's buggy, error message: "problem with video settings, check if you are in 32 bit, or something like that. I am in 32 bit quality. I tried reducing the resolution, nothing was done.

Someone already encountered this problem? Is this specific to this model? Do I have to uninstall the sp3 after which all of this problem started? And also it deprives me reading wpa keys of my router/modem.

Re: Graphics bug with Windows XP SP3

SP3 has no influence on the WPA compared to SP2, there has not been any big changes, but may be the drivers of your video card, you use what?

I expect that your video card drivers may be corrupted or missing, because my Radeon 9550 is not too hard and I play a little without any such problems.

Thank you for your response. One of my colleagues told me that sp3 can read the WPA key. It suits me that it is not true because that's how I'm going over too reluctant to uninstall it!

But, I have a little sense of challenge and I am curious if I even understand why my video card has this reaction with sp3.

The drivers for my video card? Hmm, I'm not good at computers, but I would say that I have not changed over, so what are the drivers shipped from packard bell, I think I have it. I went on their website: I found my model on this card here (GeForce Go 6100), but the driver they offer date from prehistoric times (actually, seriously, before buying my pc , there's already soon 2 years and a half). I still tried to download and install ... Nothing has changed. No update has been proposed since.

Right now it work again (two starts this weekend, no bug). For how long? mystery ... If someone has an idea to avoid me again to uninstall the sp3, I am always listening!

I think that the sense of challenge you can afford a passage on the nvidia site to find a recent driver corresponding to your card, I think some changes can provide interesting, given the age of your drivers should that do.

In general I do not touch too at my video drivers, I always have problems with recent versions, such delays on transparencies or overlays in the videos, but my pc lasts for many dates