Thread: Full HD Technology in Samsung LCD TVs

rtalwar Guest

Full HD Technology in Samsung LCD TVs

Hi,

Just wanted to share with you some more information about Samsung LCD.

The real Full HD technology of an LCD TV is great value for money. With all-round benefits, it is the definitely the technology for the future.

High-definition televisions (HDTV) like the Samsung LCD TV yield a better-quality image than standard television does, because it has greater number of lines of resolution. The visual information is sharper because the gaps between the scan lines are narrower or invisible to the naked eye. The larger the size of the television the HD picture is viewed on, the greater the improvement in picture quality.

But usually the question asked is, does this matter to the naked eye? That largely depends on the content being played. Few channels in India, like Discovery and NatGeo actively use the HD technology for content. But off-late, movies are being made in full HD as well. Also, 2000 commonwealth is going to be transmitted in full HD.

With these changes coming about, LCD TVs with full HD technology, like those from Samsung, we are gradually entering another era of TV viewing.

Take Care

Re: Full HD Technology in Samsung LCD TVs

yes... but i have a doubt... though lcd and plasma support full HD ... i am presuming that its gonna be useless as dth providers like airtel and bigtv are telecasting at mpeg4 format right ?? then how will it run on HD

Hello , thanks for Providing this information this may seem to be useful to many other user who want to know what is the Full HD Technology , and i truly believe this is the technology of the Future , as most of the Cable and Dth Service providers are opting for Hd technology

rtalwar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by abhishek_turbo911 View Post
    yes... but i have a doubt... though lcd and plasma support full HD ... i am presuming that its gonna be useless as dth providers like airtel and bigtv are telecasting at mpeg4 format right ?? then how will it run on HD
    Hi Abhishek,
    If the resolution of the stream which is provided by DTH providers is smaller than Full HD, Full HD TV up-scales the stream with its internal picture engine to make the optimised picture quality.

Hope this helps :-)
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by rtalwar View Post
    Hi Abhishek,
    If the resolution of the stream which is provided by DTH providers is smaller than Full HD, Full HD TV up-scales the stream with its internal picture engine to make the optimised picture quality.

Hope this helps :-)
    Cheers.
    then even cable connection which are worthless should have image quality equivalent to that of atleast hd right ?

also up-scaling refers to pixelating right ?

Though these channels provide HD content, our cable operators simply dont have the infrastructure to deliver HD stuff. It will take atleast 10 years for them to give out 720p stuff. And another 5 years for 1080i or 1080p content.
    Hope the DTH guys come to rescue soon.
    Till then, for HD things Piratebay rocks