Thread: What can i do when Pixel stucked on LCD Monitor

What can i do when Pixel stucked on LCD Monitor

Hi,, I am having a 19 inch Samsung LCD monitor whose display contains 3,932,160 pixels. Now from last few day i can see some pixel stucked on bright on my same monitor.

So i wanted to know is there any fix for the same or the monitor is got damaged ? Please help...

Re: What can i do when Pixel stucked on LCD Monitor

It is usually a solitary incident. Stuck pixels" happen when a pixel gets stuck on a blue, green, red and yellow color. If your LCD screen has a stuck or dead pixel, it's usually because the liquid in the liquid crystal display (TFT LCD) has not covered that pixel fully. Try the following steps to spread the liquid and unstick the pixel:-

• Turn your computer on, but leave your monitor off.
    • Using a soft cloth, gently apply pressure to the area where the stuck pixel is. Confine the pressure to the area where the stuck pixel is located, as applying pressure outside this area may cause additional stuck pixels.
    • While applying pressure to the stuck pixel, turn on your monitor.
    • Remove the pressure. In most cases, the stuck pixel will now work correctly.

Since a 15 inch LCD display contains 2,359,296 pixels, a 19 inch LCD display contains 3,932,160 pixels, and a 24 inch LCD display contains 6,912,000 pixels, having a few "bad" pixels is not considered a defect. It is rare for a monitor to ship with or develop bad pixels. The stuck pixel is best seen against a black screen background. A dead pixel is when the pixel is always off. It is easiest to spot a dead pixel against a white background. The stuck pixel occurs from a default at the manufacturer and you will often see more than one stuck pixel on an LCD screen.

Stuck pixels will take on different colors and are usually annoying dots that are constantly on your LCD monitor. These stuck pixels can often be re-energized by rapidly turning them on and off. Its is caused by a manufacturing defect in which it leaves one or more sub-pixels permanently turned on or off. Be careful to avoid creating scratches and damaging your LCD monitor if you are trying to fix it your self. This will also avoid your warranty.