Thread: CRT Monitor turns Yellow

CRT Monitor turns Yellow

I'm having a Samsung SyncMaster 793s crt monitor. I'm having a P4 system on which i had installed Windows Vista as my operating system. Up to last night it was working fine, but today when i switched on my system, i saw a yellow tinted color on my monitor screen. I had tried my system on one of my friends monitor and seems to be working fine. So, can any body tell me that why i'm getting yellow tinted color on my crt monitor? Does any body knows about it? Let me know your suggestion on the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: CRT Monitor turns Yellow

The usual problem with monitors is bad solder connections to the red, green and blue output devices. The cathode ray tube (CRT) is a vacuum tube containing an electron gun (a source of electrons) and a fluorescent screen, with internal or external means to accelerate and deflect the electron beam, used to create images in the form of light emitted from the fluorescent screen. These are usually three separate transistors, but sometimes an integrated circuit that puts all three in one package is used.

Computer monitors get separate red, green and blue video signals from the computer, and if you lose the blue the result is a yellow picture. It could be solder joints, or it could be a driver transistor(s) that's going faulty, or it could be the tube that's developing an internal short on a cathode all give similar symptoms. This can be also caused by video card failure in the computer (very unlikely), a bad cable (fairly common), or trouble in the monitor (which is most likely what you have).

Check the cable on the CRT. If its loose, has pins bent it does produce color effects as you mentioned. Most commonly they are on the small circuit board you'll find right at the neck of the picture tube. Some monitors have them on the main circuit board. Check the video cable and make sure it is securely attached to the video adapter. Reseat the video card if there is one. Try another monitor.