Thread: Monitor won't connect to my Dell dimension 4600 C

Monitor won't connect to my Dell dimension 4600 C

Hello friends,

I am using a Dell Dimension 4600 C,.When I try to turn it on, the tower runs fine but the monitor will not showing anything.I have seen the prongs have been bent on my monitor cable unfortunately it is not the standard monitor cable and I am not able replace it.One section it has the basic 15 prongs in three rows, but other bent has 24 prongs in a square with one bent end. Where should i can get a replacement?.I do have a section on my tower on which the monitor cable could plug in. But,hooking this directly does not let my monitor to turn on. I am guessing it is not connected to the video card?.Somebody can provide some help here...

it could be greatly appreciated...
    thanks....

Re: Monitor won't connect to my Dell dimension 4600 C

I'm guessing you've checked that the computers appears to be receiving power and attempts to boot up (fans running, power light on, HDD activity light flashing)? Your NVIDIA on-board graphics may be bad. You may required the whole motherboard replaced. Another option is to attempt installing a graphics card in the spare AGP slot.

Which could be some sort of custom connector only used at Dell--They are known for proprietary designs.You do know that you could probably, very precisely... and slowly grasp those pins with a fine pair of angled-tip needle-nose pliers... and straighten them enough to be plugged in?.I have straightened bent CPU pins prior to that.... a lot finer than that.Otherwise-- I suggest you contact them. they will guide you if it can be fixed/duplicated.

Can you unplug the computer. Remove the video card. Now put it back again. heck that the cable is in properly, and check for any dust.. AGP cards are bad about working out of the slots.Try using a different monitor if you have one...The video card is the card connecting to the monitor cable. Or, if you have on board video, then the monitor cable will be directly plugged into the motherboard. Power up and see if it comes on