Thread: Windows doesn't recognize sound card

Windows doesn't recognize sound card

Recently i had installed Windows Vista on my pc. I have Creative Supreme FX X-Fi along with Aztech Sound III 336sp sound card. I'm not able to get the sound from my pc whenever i try to play any movies or songs on my system. It gives out an error message stating that windows doesn't recognize sound card. I removed the sound card and had reinstalled Windows Vista again on my pc, but was having the same issue. Why doesn't my windows doesn't recognize sound card on my pc? Have any body face such issue on their pc? Pleas help me to resolve the above issue.

Re: Windows doesn't recognize sound card

In order to recognize your sound card, you must find and install a compatible driver for your sound card. Check and see if the device appears in the device manager, probably with an error regarding drivers. Most sound cards require driver software to work properly. Be sure that you have installed any software discs that came with the device.

If it is there, use the driver update built into the device manager by going to the properties page of the device and then the driver tab and clicking a button that says something like "Update driver. Or you can also try another card on your system.

If your Windows Update does not find a driver for your sound card, then you need to visit the website of the sound card manufacturer in order to check out if a driver is available on its website or not. Make sure you have the most current drivers from the manufacturer. If one is available, download it. If not, contact the manufacturer. Then be sure all drivers for your sound card are removed from the devices list. reboot and should ask for drivers. Point to the .inf file. If doesn't help please reply with additional information.