Thread: Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 dual monitor issue

Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 dual monitor issue

Hi,
    I have purchase a new Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 card for my system. I have Window XP computer with 2 Gigs of RAM and Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. I had installed the card and connected a second LCD monitor to it. But the display is not coming up. The screen comes blue and then goes black. I had installed drivers and new updates. I had checked the connection status everything is fine. What are more solutions here to fix this thing out. Thanks in advance.

Re: Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 dual monitor issue

The issue can only be related to proper drivers and nvidia related applications. Do this right click on My Computer and select Properties. Then go to Hardware and select Device Manager. In the list check that the GPU does not has any exclamation mark or warning sign on it. If it is then the drivers are not properly installed. Uninstall by right clicking on it. Then go to the official site of Nvidia and download new updates and drivers. Install them back again.

Remove the card and change the slot. Check the manual of card that it supports your motherboard. This can be a compatibility issue. Just first try changing the slot of the card. Then reinstall the drivers and connect the other monitor with it. Normally after installation of device the dual monitor is identified by Windows as a plug and play device. It runs properly. If Windows is not detecting it as plug and play and then run a repair process for Windows.

First try to replace the cable. May be your cable is faulty. If there is not issue with the cable then boot your computer in safe mode and uninstall the card drivers. Put the card cd back again and install everything. After that connect the monitor. Right click on Desktop > Properties > Settings. Here you can see two monitor. If not then the card is not supported by the mother board. But if you can see then adjust the resolution and restart your system.