Thread: What is the normal temperature for GeForce 8800 GTX

What is the normal temperature for GeForce 8800 GTX

Hi,
    I am using a Geforce 8800 GTX Graphic Card on my Windows Vista computer. I have a 2 GB RAM support and Intel C2D processor. The problem is now that the card is showing high temperature. When I play games it reaches to 80 and on idle it shows around 60-70. After reading some articles on internet I figure out that the temperature is not normal. The GPU is getting too hot. I worry that this can degrade by GPU performance. What are the solution can be used to keep a GPU much cooler. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is the normal temperature for GeForce 8800 GTX

The card is designed in such a way that as the temperature in GPU rises the fan speed also increases which reduces the temperature to 10 Degree Celsius. Then temperature you mentioned is high which cannot be termed as normal. So what you can is open your case and check that your GPU is receiving proper power. Try to change the slot and clean the dust from the fan. You can simply add a new fan to the gpu in case of problem arises again.

My GPU temperature lies between 60-65 on idle. But there is no issue with the performance here. Sometime due to extreme use of system the temperature rises. It also depends on the outer environment. You can simply add a heat sink to the GPU and then put it back again. Heat sink will reduce the heating issue to a great extent. The more you can do is change the GPU fan.

Download and install SpeedFan tool. Here the tool will help you to analyze the speed issue of Fan. You can easily figure out that your fan is working proper or not. Second thing by using Rivatuner software you can increase the speed of GPU fan. An increase in speed will pop the heat out and reduce the temperature to some extent. If the temperature goes higher your system might crash at that time you will need to upgrade a GPU cooler solution.