Thread: Need some information on Physx on SLI

Need some information on Physx on SLI

Hi,
    You guys are familiar with Nvidia's Physx technology. I am using a pair of SLI and Physx which are enabled in my system. So here I have some doubts. First is if fine to disable Physx from the control panel. Does it is necessary to keep it enable. And if I disable it then what can be the effect. Second thing what types of graphic card does Nvidia Physx supports. And what are your views on Physx on SLI. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need some information on Physx on SLI

I have a GTX 260 which works fine with Physx. It came with it. It is always better if you leave the SLI and Physx enabled. As the feature is added in the GPU so disabling will low down the performance. You can here do this. You can just take out the SLI bridge and set one card for normal and other one for Physx. I had discover awesome improvement using both and the games perform much better as compare to before. One thing you have to make sure that you system has the latest drivers in it.

I had a dual SLI enable support on my system wih Physx. It is recommended that your SLI and Physx both must be enabled other wise your maximum GPU resource must be wasted. There are many thing which depends on the game its resolution and settings. SLI balances the load on all the install cards. It diverts all the pressure across the cards and enable high performance. You can have a higher FPS in enable mode and little temperature difference among the cards.

Normally all types of Geforce card supports. Like Geforce 8, 9 and GTX 200 series with at least 256MB RAM on board. Because this amount of memory is used to accelerate the NVIDIA PhysX technology. Running SLI improves the performance of your GPU performance. That too both in graphic and physic load. You have to ensure that you have a current drivers in it. Old drivers can pop out problems.