Thread: Quadro vs GeForce

Quadro vs GeForce

Hi! One of my friend who are shopping for a new PC at the moment are looking for a motherboard that comes with PCI-Express slot. With the PC, he wants to work a bit with Autodesk Inventor 9 but he expects to play very much.

So in summary: quadro are optimized for 3D applications (inventor etc.) but not for games and vice versa.

I would like your suggestions please.

Or should I take a 6800 instead of a quadro card ..

I found some old benchmark showing the performance quadro vs geforce 2 but not any recent ones. Have you find any recently. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Quadro vs GeForce

The Quadro card is invalid for professional games. So you might consider taking a 6800GT or X800XL graphic card which can also do the job for you. I also think that GeForce 6 series cards are also doing well.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

The main thing in graphics editing is that ir is both GPU and CPU intensive. Don't skimp too much on either one. If you can afford it then step up to a GTX260 or 275 and as for the CPU look for AMD Phenom II X4 quad or an Intel Core 2 Quad as an i7 system may be out of the $1200 price range.

NVIDIA has introduced NVIDIA Quadro CX which is best used for Adobe CS4. I have had an experience and have used the Quadro cards. I have also reviewed the ProDad range a number of times and spoken to their principles and have come to the conclusion their software will always demand more GPU memory than is available. I think you should get use to rendering when applying these effects in HD.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!