Thread: Suggest Graphic Card,Tv Tuner for AOC F22

Arrow Suggest Graphic Card,Tv Tuner for AOC F22

Hi,

I have a 5-6 old compaq presario P4, 256 RAM , Intel extreme grphics. 17 inch CRT monitor.

I am going to buy a AOC F22 22" LCD to replace my 17 " CRT monitor. What are the probable hardware changes I need to do.Also do answer the following Q.

1.Do i need to buy a Graphic Card.If yes please suggest the cheapest ones(I am no gamer,just play movies etc)

2.I also intend to use an external Tv Tuner.Please suggest some Tv tunner.(i have read AOC F22 has a great resolution hence i guess a Tv tuner should be accordingly capable).

3. DVI-D or VGA. ??? Is my computer capable of transmitting DVI signal without the graphic card. Do tell me more about DVI

Please help me to setup this monitor and tv tuner on my old PC. Your Answers guyzz..... i would surely like to have multiple opinion on this!
    Last edited by manish8_26; 15-08-2009 at 08:31 PM.

Re: Your Opinion about this problem............

hey guyzzz please help!

1. If you are using integrated graphic buy a new one, It should have at least 128 mb of memory, I suggests ATI Radeon 9250 pro or better if you are using if your comp has an AGP, but make sure it has a DVI. If your comp had a PCI-E then take X1050 or better, WITH DVI CONNECTOR.

2. I suggest to buy a Philips based TV Tuner, on my expirience they are the best.

3. If availible always DVI, if you have integrated graphic probably not have DVI connector. DVI provides better quality picture and takes less or zero interference with other components you may be using

@above

Thnx a ton for the reply. I do have a integrated graphic card(Intel extreme graphics). I have heard that not all graphic cards are compatible with P4 and with all montherboards.

Also tell me that does all Tv tuner have the capability to transmit video on the AOC F22's resolution i.e 1920x1080 . Also will the graphic card support this resolution.

Please Treat me as a layman in this topic and reply.

Have you checked whether you have a AGp or PCI-E port, that kind of card you need. Don't buy nothing less then 128mb. These cards that i wrote you in last reply support resolution up to 2048 x 1536 so they can run your monitor in movies and working just fine, but can't support that resolution in games. Your tuner will send picture to monitor but the resolution will be the same as the tv you are now watching, only if you have a full hd television availible in your area and hd tuner you can watch tv in your monitor resolution. I think if you had a cable tv or analogue the standard resolution is 720×576 if you are in pal system, but for ntsc it's 720×480, so it wil display you that picture

AOC F22 22" LCD can able to handle Analog and DVI both input so there is no any problem now you want to use external tvtuner so there is no need to increase graphics for your computer you have to connect monitor to external tv tuner and computr video out put also connect to tv tuner tv tuner will manage both input when you want you can see either tv of computer..

Re: Suggest Graphic Card,Tv Tuner for AOC F22

Please suggest some good External Tv tuner for the 22 inch lcd. If possible do mention the prices too..

Also i am a little confused... as you guyz said that the resolution of cable tv is low,so will the display on lcd be comparable to the video displayed on my other 29inch CRT TV ??

USB TV Tuner Stick Thumb Size Remote control Slim LOOK - Rs. 1,850.00

Umax USB TV Tuner - Rs. 1,650.00

External TV Tuner Odyssey 502 TFT Tuner - Rs. 1,650.00

hey what about the resolution thing.... does tv tuner too have many output resolution options ??

How are tech com external tv tuners ??

i got to know about these two models, plzz comment on these..

http://www.techcomindia.com/home.php...nal&prodid=754

http://www.techcomindia.com/home.php...nal&prodid=815

I need help ,plzz every one ..

1 more Q. what is the resulted display if an LCD is given less resolution input as compared to its capability. Lie the AOC has a Resolution: 1920 x 1080 where as no tv tuner has this output resolution... Do help me , have buy stuff in 3-4 days..

Manish

I don't think there is much difference in both the TV tuner cards.
    Select whichever you like according to your need.

sad Re: Suggest Graphic Card,Tv Tuner for AOC F22

How are these tv tuners... if ny1 has used it or suggest a bettr 1.. Also please clarify me with the resolution thing.

both having identical specification so both are good but SSD TV 723 is more compact so it can be my choice..