Thread: Radeon X800 Pro Problems

Radeon X800 Pro Problems

Hi

I installed a new power supply in my Dell Dimension 8300 with pentium 4 processor as well as a Radeon X800 Pro.I required to change some settings and/or get the drivers but unfortunately when I do that and reboot the screen goes black and shows normally to lose signal completely.I have chosen for the official drivers from ATI, let Windows detect one , and neither works I have also uninstalled the old drivers.I have also tried to update the BIOS, update the microsoft .net framework to 2.0 and now 3.0, and still get absolutely nothing but a black screen when I enter windows after boot up - I have to manually shut down and reboot in safe mode to system restore just so I can get back into windows and actually be able to see. Any thoughts or ideas? As far as I can tell my system should be able to handle this card but maybe I'm just annoyed

thanks for any help

Re: Radeon X800 Pro Problems

I had problems because i used X800 files.I removed those and Ageofconan.exe.Stated all over. Did 7xesc then on blue sky xxx+tab+xxx+enter Spamed it like Gold seller in wow. And i got my own new files created. Edited And ITS working.Total time spend about 7 hours

I should suggest you to Uninstall the graphics drivers again, and run "driver cleaner pro" in safe mode.Set it to clean all Nvidia and ATI drivers. Reboot into regular windows, and download the catalyst drivers again, and install them. Reboot anyway many times it requires to all install correctly, and see if that's helped.

I have chosen for the official drivers from ATI, let Windows recognize one or two, since it comes to recognize both the card and one called "secondary" for which there are no live downloads for drivers still online, and neither works".You should be using the official ATI drivers...they will always be the latest available. And the reason there's a "secondary" because you have more than one video output. You don't have to do anything or install anything relating to that.Probably a damn question but you have the aux power plug hooked to the card.