Thread: Dell inspiron e 1505 lcd changing colors

Dell inspiron e 1505 lcd changing colors

My e1505 inspiron laptop randomly displays colors on the lcd, from white to pink.
    The laptop is posting and booting windows fine.
    Works fine on an external monitor in sleep mode, so the ati x1300 vid card is good.
    I managed to clean install a new copy of windowsxp on the laptop, and still the same thing. colors flashing on my screen.
    So, I have the comp all apart, and i'm wondering if this is an lcd inverter issue?
    Anyone had this problem before?

Re: Dell inspiron e 1505 lcd changing colors

I had similar problem with my Compaq laptop where colors changing result in freezing that was my lan and video card connection problem so service center did everything well since your laptop not getting hang so there must be problem in display better to contact dell

Check your warranty at the link below... if you purchased what's called "Complete Care" then you can get that LCD replaced under warranty. Complete Care covers accidental damage. Next business day covers faulty parts replacement.

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...=19&l=en&s=dhs

If it's not under Complete Care, you could give Dell a call and ask to speak with someone in Service Parts to get an idea of the cost of an LCD kit. If you need help installing it, they could tell you what the cost would be to have someone come to your home to install it as well.

If you'd like to tackle replacing it yourself... here's the link to your Dell Inspiron E1505 Service manual. There are 5 links under Display Assembly, check them all out. It will show you walk-through instructions on how to remove the LCD and replace it.

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc....htm#wp1022270

The comp is out of warranty, this is like my 3rd replacement from dell
    I wonder about the parts they use in these things. I believe it was refurbished.

Anyway, I don't think the lcd is bad, because it came back on for a short while.
    I kept moving the screen back and forth. I closed it and it went into sleep mode, then back to the colors again, when I opened it up.

I want to know if I can get away with replacing the inverter, or maybe the harness(there was some slight corrosion on the display connection of the motherboard) I cleaned it with some contact cleaner, but still not go.

thanks.

change it actually always most problem started with power supply unit so better to use peripherals with good condition

The best way is to contact Dell for any problem is the laptop is under warranty. Anyhow if you open it or replace any part then the warranty is void. Dell offers warranty on parts. So you will have to contact the service center and tell about your related queries. If the issue is major then they replace your unit. It will be much better if you fixed it under the warranty period.

cool Re: Dell inspiron e 1505 lcd changing colors

its out of warranty. and dell wants you to pay to talk to them.
    but I guess i will change the harness and inverter and see if it works.
    will let you all know.