Thread: Will WDTV Clarksburg go to Digital Signal

Will WDTV Clarksburg go to Digital Signal

There has been no debate dedicated to 166a DMA of Weston-Clarksburg, WV, reason why I imagined that it could initiate the discussion. At the moment the three premises of the broadcasting organisms, only WBOY (NBC) is at the moment one of broadcasting of DS that it is possible to be arrived outside Clarksburg. They have said to me that WDTV and WVFX are also a DS of broadcasting that is very weak and only receivable if it is standing up next to its tower. Anyone which could use this signal in the day to day? Somebody has the future statute of these stations of its plans of transition or to move to HD? I inquired that year past WBOY was nearest the broadcasting in HD?

Re: Will WDTV Clarksburg go to Digital Signal

WDTV : WDTV is the CBS affiliate for the Weston/Clarksburg/Fairmont, West Virginia media market. The station is owned by Withers Broadcasting and is sister station to Fox affiliate WVFX. Its studios are located Bridgeport, West Virginia. Fairmont is technically the DMA's largest city, because Morgantown, though only 20 miles north of Fairmont and having the largest population of any city in the North-Central West Virginia geographic area, is part of the Pittsburgh DMA. Despite this technicality, the station is still able to sell commercials to Morgantown businesses.

Source : Wikipedia

I am going to be able to add to this thread in the future. Bought ours first television of high resolution (Toshiba 40XF550) and also signed by the service of DISH. We live in the south of the county of Harrison and at present there are Sudden link. Since it will take a year at least to them to obtain high resolution more in our area on watch, I had to make the change.

I do not know WBOY, but WVFX (FOX) and WDTV (CBS), she will be without a doubt full of HDTV for the end of year, and in the heat of power. Withers broadcasting is now WVFX proprietor, reason why the improvements are happening in all the scopes of both stations. I know which works there, and the four wheels are turning quickly. Confirmed rumors do not suggest these two stations become the local news in their totality as well as of HD! YES! Also something interesting, WBOY has acquired the ABC license affiliate Clarksburg, ABC and will have like its second (SDTV) channel.