Thread: No display, no beep, no BIOS-after upgrading motherboard.

zakir Guest

No display, no beep, no BIOS-after upgrading motherboard.

Hello Good morning,

I Recently upgraded my motherboard to Biostar MCP6P M2+.After hooking all I put it on and it just begun like like BIOS.It showed me 3 options hit F8, to choose boot device, then F9 to enter setup and third was DEL...I hit F9 to see nothing. Then I turned off the power...Wanted to do same process again, but after powering on the comp, there was no beep, or display on the screen...There is power, CPU fan is running, monitor does seem to know it is connected to base unit, because when I pull the VGA cable out, it starts to search for signal..I attempted for resetting Bios by clearing CMOS and taking out bios battery for more than 30 min and re-seated but to no avail.Hope any one here can help out to make the things better..

Any helps greatly received..!!
    thanks anyways

Re: No display, no beep, no BIOS-after upgrading motherboard.

There is the main ATX power connector, and also a 2x2 ATX12V power connector for the processor and you should be connect to both. Are both power cables connected?.Check CMOS jumper in the correct position ? Not in the "clear CMOS" position.CMOS battery present and putting out 3V ? Touching a multimeter set on volts, to the top of the battery (, you should see about 3.0V DC. BIOS chip inserted in socket ? Does the alignment mark on the BIOS chip,line up with the mark on the socket ? Sometimes the socket has a triangle to mark pin 1, and the chip has a depressed circle to mark pin 1.

Run the diagnostics tool to confirm there is nothing wrong with the hard drive. You might have to update the firmware on the drive as well. I would try other possibilities before thinking about updating the BIOS. Can you get into the BIOS when the hard drive is NOT connected ?

From my personal experiences post beep usually means, a seriously sick motherboard, and as you have swapped everything else out in your cousins PC except the motherboard, then that would sort of confirm it???assuming of course you have installed everything correctly, power supply connected to video card? 20/24 pin power plugged in? supplementary power plugged in?.Verify the processor is properly seated in its socket, that the bottom of the motherboard is not shorting to a standoff in the wrong place. You'd also check all supply voltages, with the supply running. You can probe the backside of the main power cable and verify the voltage values. There is enough metal exposed on the pins, to be able to get at them with a sharp multimeter probe.