Thread: Does sound blaster livedrive works on Audigy 4 card

Does sound blaster livedrive works on Audigy 4 card

I would like to replace my SB Live Drive IR card with an Audigy 4 card. I want to use the Live Drive front panel with the Audigy. The only difference between the Live Drive front panel and the Audigy front panel is that the Audigy has a firewire port. Other than that, all the other connectors and controls are the same, and are even laid out in the same place. I would like to know that does sound blaster livedrive works on Audigy 4 card? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue.

Re: Does sound blaster livedrive works on Audigy 4 card

According to my best of knowledge, your computer might catch fire, if your try to connect your old livedrive with the new audigy. To avoid such things you need to buy the front panel version of the Audigy. That would really help you out.

I think you should try to compile your driver into the kernel. For that you need to place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:

device sound
    device snd_emu10kx
    The major differences are with the software bundle and the included extra features such as the Live Drive with IR support. It is possible to purchase a Sound Blaster Live! and upgrade it with the Live Drive. While loading the driver as a module at boot time, you need to place the following line in loader.conf(5): snd_emu10kx_load="YES"

The snd_emu10kx bridge driver allows the generic audio driver sound(4) to attach to Creative sound cards based on the EMU10K1, CA0100, CA0101, CA0102 and CA0108 DSPs.

Don't try to do anything unless you have the proper knowledge about it. If you try to do so with out having proper knowledge, you can seriously damage your electrical short circuit. For more information you can check out the official Creative website. There you will get the correct information on the baove issue.