Thread: MSI Nvidia not detecting Samsung DVI

MSI Nvidia not detecting Samsung DVI

I have a HTPC with NVIDIA GeForce 600 with double exit DVI and a Samsung LN46F71 Preparation for TV high resolution that it has (among others) and a double HDMI PC (VGA) of entrance. There is in this entrance DVI no TV. If I connect myself through PC (VGA) of entrance in the television, using an adapter DVI-VGA in the video card, i can obtain a good image in 1920X1080 But than I know, that would have to use a digial that is to say, connection HDMI. So I have an adapter DVI-HDMI for my video card and it used a cable HDMI to connect the exit of video of the video card for the HDMI in the television. One detects that there is some entrance of associate to connector HDMI of the television, but when I put to HDMI source, it is looked for by a time and it says "no signal". Why? It is because some questions HDCP? I am executing Vista RC1. In manual of Samsung, that makes say that if you wish to connect his PC to his HDTV, uses the entrance of PC, HDMI, because non use that you finish obtaining a screen in target if she uses HDMI. This is what it is happening, but I want to know why? I thought that the idea that it was HDMI to be able to connect digital sources of direct way then why to prohibit this samsung?

Re: MSI Nvidia not detecting Samsung DVI

Also I have a connected HTPC televising Samsung 1080p through HDMI. I do not know if this works to him, but works for me. There am shortage that if I put entrance HDMI when the equipment already is taken, I cannot obtain a signal. Nevertheless, it changes when me to entrance HDMI to correct as soon as the equipment begins the starting, the signal is gathered.

Same problem that I have between one 7900gt and a 32 Sony Wild. Everything what I have found until now is that tackles about a problem of hands and/or a problem with the television after realizing about which to change the entrances to the HTPC that still is a signal there. Unique the two solutions that I have seen are the following :

1. Detective of Gefen DVI: the idiots of their TV in the HTPC thought always are connected. The problem is that it is DVI-DVI, reason why needs connectors more.

2. Updated firmware for that video card.

Thanks for the support & solution. I am going to give a shot him and is to hope that it works. It is quite annoying that we must do it this way. But still thanks for the solution...