Thread: Time Warner Cable DVR Sleep Mode

Time Warner Cable DVR Sleep Mode

What devils are " Way of DVR" that he once appears in my screen to the week or something thus? Why the DVR needs to sleep? It is going to have a nervous collapse if itself choosing "Don't sleep". How much lasts the way of last? What I must make to save money in my invoice of electricity when the DVR is slept? Peculiar minds need to know ........

Re: Time Warner Cable DVR Sleep Mode

Time Warner Cable will be the first TiVo company goes after finishing once its demand against Echostar infraction. Therefore, a box of TiVo the Time Warner could be in cards in the future non distant.

It is at dawn in the morning after you have not affected any button in a time? If it is thus, there is a value in the DVR. If it is not thus, then? I have my car will go out when I ignite my DVR so that not outside saving energy. It made lose memory, whereas outside, but after count with a pair of times, I have learned to make the things of different way. Old passport software does not have the option to extinguish the unit and you can put it in a channel and extinguish it and that still to buffer.

Way of rest activates after hours of no interaction on the part of the watching user/. The DVR is to guess that if has not changed of channel or to in the last make any other activity of DVR x hours (perhaps 3-4hrs), then can leave of memory of the present channel and stop using the hard disk. Before entering this way of rest, it is asked to him the spectator and it offers the opportunity to him of not entering the DVR "Screensaver Mode" equivalent. If it does not need the memory that activates, it can leave goes to "sleep". It is going to see the present channel, but it will not have the live presentation of damping available to return "sleep" way only goes out to the constant writing/reading of the HDD that activates when the memory is lived the content on the program that is seeing.