Thread: "Signal Input Out Of Range" Please help...

angry "Signal Input Out Of Range" Please help...

Hello everyone. =]

I've been having problems with this computer for a while, and I'm going to fix them because I can't stand it any longer.

Whilst playing games on my computer, about 30 mins into the game, the screen will freeze before going black with the message "Signal Input Out Of Range". The audio will continue, however the only way out of it is to reboot the computer.

The game I've been playing is Spore, and the required graphics cards have been installed to run it. It used to work fine, but now there's this problem.

I've tried the Safe Mode technique, and my resolution would not go down any lower, and the restart rate (or something) was already at 60Hz.

I'm not too computer savvy sorry... so if you could explain it as simple as posisble it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: "Signal Input Out Of Range" Please help...

Your desktop should be set to the same resolution as a game usually and refresh rate also the same. Check through the various resolution options to make sure that there isn't a "double scan rate for low resolution" one or something similar. Also make sure that the monitor that is being shown under the Monitor tab is your actual monitor and not something like P&P monitor or similar.

Re: "Signal Input Out Of Range" Please help...

When the screen resolutions is set to a level higher then the monitor can display, this message appears. While playing the game you get this message, that means the game changes the resolution automatically? Well i don't think this should happen. You need some update patch or a fix for the game. This is a game bug you can say. A game is not suppose to change the resolution while you are in the game and unless you don't change it...