Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What does a HDTV means

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 29-07-2009

What does a HDTV means

I want to ask that what actually does HDTV means. I now the full form but what is actual difference between the old Television's and the New HDTV technology. Does it means a Digital Television. If I am spending a high amount in buying a HDTV does it is a proper deal. I had seen of HDTV's in a electronic mall which confuses a lot. I am not able to determine the difference. The only thing I can see that it is a flat television with a broader screen. Thanks in advance.

Old 29-07-2009

Re: What does a HDTV means

A HDTV is a new technology of Digital Television. It gives a aspect ratio of 16:9 which is similar to a resolution of movie theater. The HDTV gives you couple of more new advantages over the traditional TV. Like a wide screen and high resolution. The new rectangular wide screen gives a great look to eye as compare to the old TV. The main factor which increases the sale of HDTV is high resolution. They provide resolutions like 720p, 1080i and 1080p. The above numbers shows us number of lines to create and display image.
Old 29-07-2009

High Definition simply by name gives a high quality images and sound which you can experience in a theater. The HDTV is considered as the highest performance television with fewest devices and great volume. You can say that HDTV is a or is not a Digital TV. The standard resolution is 480i provided by the TV. HDTV is a costlier but it now the future of Television world. See the below link for more details.
High Definition television HDtv
Old 29-07-2009

High Definition is a technology which gives you an awesome sound and picture quality. Now most of the Televisions are converted to plasma, lcd, hd tv's. You get a wider screen, more bright and detailed images. HDTV is a set of a larger set of standard that is called as ATSC. Normally if you want a great picture quality and awesome sound effect the go for it.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,