Thread: Vertical Yellow Lines.

question Vertical Yellow Lines.

Hi, just yesterday morning everythings was okay, but i went to play a video game and when game started the computer freezed and i had to reboot it after that a saw vertical horzinial lines everywhere on my monitor screen (notice, all my drivers are up to date and that game isnt new i had it from 8months ago and graphics options set to low-medium) hmm i tried to remove the video drivers but nothing happned and in safe mood its the same too , i tried Windows Repair but same Nothing ;( ... then i went to Chkdsk ulitilaty and it took verry long time (strange) like... arround 9hours to complete... and after it finished i rebooted then the problem gone, but after little time i got it back again -.-" i dont know why but i noticed a icon in windows bar shows me that VGA Adapter keeps Unistalling everytime i restart the windows.... ( notice, the video drivers also are gone i cant install them ...) :confused:

Here's my laptop specs:

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi 2428 - Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz - 2GB Ram - 8600MGS Video Card & 512MB Vram...

Please help me...

Re: Vertical Yellow Lines.

The problem may be coming from the video card and not the screen at first sight you should try the screen on another machine (unless it is a laptop) or simply maybe a lcd panel fault.

idea Re: Vertical Yellow Lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian.j View Post
    The problem may be coming from the video card and not the screen at first sight you should try the screen on another machine (unless it is a laptop) or simply maybe a lcd panel fault.
    Hello, i tried in linux no yellow lines there just on windows 7... i tried to unistall the video driver and try another driver but i got this problem in Device Manager :

( Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) ).

I dont know what to do

pls help me to solve this annoying problem ...

I will try to open the laptop and check the video card from inside...

Re: Vertical Yellow Lines.

In order to get rid of the above issue, you need to follow the below step mention.

1. Make sure that Device Manager is open, and that the device that has the problem is selected. You can perform some recommended resolutions through Device Manager.
    1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    2. Select the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
    3. Double-click the device type that has the problem. For example, if you have problems with your modem, double-click Modems to see the devices in that category.

A list of devices appears. If a device has problems, the device has a red exclamation point next to it. If a device is unknown (usually because of missing drivers), the device has a yellow question mark next to it.
    4. Right-click the device that has the problem, and then click Properties. This opens the device Properties dialog box. You can see the error code in the Device status area of this dialog box.
    2. Use the Troubleshooting Wizard, if it is available, to help you diagnose and resolve your problem.
    1. On the device Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
    2. Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide. If the Troubleshooting Wizard is not available, go to step 3.
    3. Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem.
    4. Check the Device status area of the device Properties dialog box to see whether the error is resolved. If the error is resolved, you are finished. Otherwise, go to step 3.
    3. If the Troubleshooting Wizard did not help you resolve your problem, then you need to visit the official Microsoft Web site.