Thread: How to connect Multiple Monitors through usb

How to connect Multiple Monitors through usb

I have a dual monitor setup, Tritton, a provider of networking, storage, and peripheral products, I found dual monitor KVM switches but they had PS2 slots and the Mac needs USB. I also want to make sure the KVM will work for switching between a Mac and a PC. I have a dual monitor setup and have been using it on my Dell XPS420 for a little over a year. I recently was given a Mac G5 PowerPC and want to use a KVM to switch between the two monitor, Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

Re: How to connect Multiple Monitors through usb

The technology originated from the thought that users aren't buying two or three monitors at once, but adding on, slowly, over time, Desktop and notebook computer users can now instantly connect an additional monitor, LCD or projector to an available USB 2.0 port for extended viewing and presenting. Prior to TRITTON's SEE2, users would have to open their PC case and manually install a specialized, and expensive, dual video card through a complicated process. Kenisngton will use the Newnham NIVO technology in a universal laptop docking station available in June

The Dual Monitor Adapter works with any DVI or VGA regular or widescreen monitor and up to six additional monitors can be connected to a single PC using multiple adapters. The realization that connecting a graphics card to a PC is hard, and expensive, and that adding another monitor complicates the process.

Graphics technology company DisplayLink and Kensington have teamed up for the latter's Kensington Dual Monitor Adapter using its USB display technology. NIVO uses compression to ease the load on the USB bus; high-bandwidth operations that stress the graphics processor and CPU will hurt performance. TRITTON is a manufacturer of high- end networking, storage and computer peripherals.