Thread: How to Use onboard VGA with video card

How to Use onboard VGA with video card

I have a dual monitor video card installed, one DVI plug one VGA plug. I also have a VGA plug on the motherboard. When i searched for DVI port I unable to get the DVI port on the motherboard to be recognized. And when i checked for the technical specification in pdf, it says the following thing.
    Multi-display Support Dual Independent monitor support facilitated via one VGA port and one DVI integrated on the back plane of the system board and presented as part of the rear I/O set of interfaces.
    When I go into the display options, it only sees one monitor and in the advanced graphics properties, there is only one option under Operating Mode that says singe display.

If i'll just install it without disabling the on-board, will there be no problems?

Re: How to Use onboard VGA with video card

Here i will suggest some simple steps that may help you in making setting in the BOIS, there should be a choice of which video to boot with, or disabled, Make sure it is on, and change the bootup selection around to make sure each one that you actually have will work and the drivers work. Normally when a PCIe video card is inserted the onboard is disabled. The PCIe should have both ports working so yes dual is possible.

I believe it's one or the other. You could buy an agp card with dual outputs though. But I don't believe the DVI port supports a Y cable for connecting two monitors. You really have two options. 1) Use the DP and DVI port on the 3470. You will need a DP to DVI adaptor. It may have came with the card. In display properties there should be a tab for "settings" You can get to display properties in the control panel or clicking the right mouse button when the mouse is on your background screen, not on any windows or icons.

I decided to just remove the card like you suggested. Both monitors are working now via the onboard ports. If you have both cards or a card and onboard connected, you should get a window that shows 2 monitors, 1 may be greyed out. It Could be anywhere from 8 mb to 64mb, it is usually adjustable in the BIOS. Some motherboards automatically shut off the on board video memory when a video card is installed. You would click on it and there should be a checkbox below it that says "extend the desktop onto this monitor" and this should turn your monitor on.