Thread: A serious problem with my Eah3450

A serious problem with my Eah3450

I heard that the pros here are really good, so I come here to be enlightened by your wisdom:

I have a Asus Eah3450 PCI-Express card (at least I think it is PCI-Express) since my mobo is a ASUS P5KPL-CM.

In the past few months, I keep getting the error message saying that my video card failed to respond and has been reset. In addition, I get black patches in my windows XP whenever I have a game running in windows mode in the front. Everyday, I would get these black patches (over mozilla for example) and sometimes, my video card would just fail to respond at all shutting my monitor down and forcing me to reset in order to get it back.

I was trying to find a driver for it, but the ones I installed from this site:
    http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

Do not work, since when i chose the appropriate driver, and download and install, my windows does not load, forcing me to f8 and "use the last known settings that started windows properly" in order to get my windows back.

I am wondering if there is any way to update my drivers, or is it just that I need a new video card?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Below is a screenshot of my dxdiag showing my video card:

Re: A serious problem with my Eah3450

Check this thread - Driver for ASUS EAH3450

If you are considering that your video card is not working then the problem could be that your graphic doesn't support that kind of software..it happens when your computer doesn't support something and it just quits..and if it is not supporting then the graphic card makes the screen visible, you can configure your graphic by "right clicking" on your desktop and then select "graphic Properties" and do the changes from there. Which OS You are running?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Check this thread - Driver for ASUS EAH3450
    I tried the link you gave me before posting this new thread. When I tried the driver from the links in that other thread, it gives me a black screen and my windows doesn't load, thus the need to reload windows using "the last known working configuration"

I am running windows XP.

I'm also using the same card eah3450 i have not faced any problem yet,but i don't know why i'm shown in this image tht evn mmy card is 512mb and no inbuilt graphics on motherboard the video ram is 1276 mb.???