Thread: Repair a ViewSonic Monitor

Repair a ViewSonic Monitor

Hi,
    I have a 2 year old 17 inch ViewSonic Monitor. Recently when I switched off the monitor and the very next day I turned it on green light was flashing continuously. I am not getting display. What can be the cause of this problem. Is there any guide by which I can open the monitor and repair it. I had tried but better before that I must collect some information. How to open the monitor and check out weather some parts is malfunctioned. Thanks.

Re: Repair a ViewSonic Monitor

I will advice you not to open it and try to repair it if you are not a technician. This can hurt you. Monitor has delicate parts with voltage in them. If you touch any wrong thing this can make you monitor dead. At least you can show to some one and repair it. Monitor repair does not cause a high prices. Try to check your power supply cables and power sockets. I think there is problem in them.

Check your graphic card or your video adapter. If you can hear a bip sound on bootup that means you system is booting up. If not then you have problem with your operating system. Better upgrade to a new monitor. Today you will find a big range of monitors most probably LCD's. They are low on power and heat.

Warning. Monitors have high voltage inside them even when they are unplugged. Dust does not cause any trouble to the monitor. Because the parts are insulated and properly protected. A 2 year old monitor is probably of no use to repair. But if you have any known retailer then he can offers you a resale value for that.