Thread: Desktop turns on, but screen remains black

Desktop turns on, but screen remains black

Hello, I just set up a new pc (yesterday) and when I turn on my screen it remains in standby mode , the problem with my computer is that even though the desktop turn off the screen remain black, ,I do not know what to do, to solve these problem please help thanks in advance

Re: Desktop turns on, but Screen Remains Black

I'm afraid that your Ram is not compatible , Look at the compatibility table Ram / motherboard on the manufacturer's site, I know someone who had the same problem, it was his screen problem , so you can Check that also after that Verify that your cable connection to the monitor has no bent pin(s)

Re: Desktop turns on, but screen remains black

First, check your connectors and vGA , Then, check your screen with another CPU, then the CPU with another screen , after doing this you will know if the screen is damaged or a component of the computer , If it is a component, it can be your graphics card: open the CPU and reinstall it manually (you have remove it and clean the dust) , Otherwise, look at your motherboard to see if some capacitors are not grilled (bulging above)

Re: Desktop turns on, but screen remains black

For me it is the motherboard or power supply is dead, take a spare Psu from your friend and try it to run on your pc. it may also involves a hardware conflict.

Here is a link that Hint you the problems in terms of beeps that is emitted from your motherboard:
    POST Beep Error
    How to recognize beep errors