Thread: What is anti-aliasing filter(box)???

What is anti-aliasing filter(box)???

Hi everyone i am gaming awesome with my new Sapphire Radeon 4980 1GB although my card is running half the normal speed coz i have pci-e x16(black one) instead of pci-e x16 2.0(blue) well i will soon change my mother board later anyways i want to know that what is that filter box in catalyst control center like it says box,narrow tent,wide tent does this affect any performance in gaming?

Re: What is anti-aliasing filter(box)???

Anti-aliasing filters are commonly used at the input of digital signal processing systems, for example in sound digitization systems. This avoids the noise and drift problems inherent in analog filter circuits, and is the natural approach when the signal is going to be processed digitally anyway.

Re: What is anti-aliasing filter(box)???

filter box in catalyst control center has effect on performance while gaming but you do not need to worry about that as your drivers are capable to manage it enough .particular anti-aliasing mode use for rendering geometry edges to set a pixel, and the position on screen. ATI currently has two levels of edge detection available, one 12x (which sits under the 4x mode with the edge detect filter selected in Catalyst Control Center) and the other 24x (which correlates to 8x with the correct filter in use in the driver control panel).