Thread: How to fix a cracked laptop screen

How to fix a cracked laptop screen

I am facing an issue with my laptop today when i was try to open my laptop by mistake it fall down and there is a small crack at the righthand side of the screen is thee any way where i can fix a cracked which has come on my laptop screen because i don't want to spend money on my laptop.

Re: How to fix a cracked laptop screen

In this case i think you need to replace your LCD screen because no one can help you out with this or else you don't want to send more money then you can take a Second Hand LCD which you can get it easily at a very low price and you can replace it by yourself too.

Re: How to fix a cracked laptop screen

To replace your LCD screen you need to follow the below steps:-

1. First of all you need to decide if you want to spend the time and money installing a new screen or you wan to repalce it with a second hand one which can be found any where.
    2. Locate for a replacement screen, this might be the most time-consuming part of the entire process.

3. Now open your laptop and remove the screen first . This usually requires the small screwdrivers. This is where great care comes in, as it's a fragile area and can easily be damaged. Make sure you carefully remove the cable that attaches the monitor to the motherboard of the laptop. This is usually found right behind the hinge area. Again, this is a sensitive area to work in, so make sure you have plenty of light and work slowly. Also note that some laptops have a grounding-type wire that connects to another part of the computer. So locate it and take off the mounting screw.