Thread: Half the screen on my laptop went black

Half the screen on my laptop went black

I am having Dell laptop with me and was working on my college project by mistake the laptop fell down from my table after that i when i open my Laptop and try to start my laptop it got switch ON but i was able to see only half part of my screen and rest half part of the screen was black. Does anyone had such king of issue and please tell me what to do in this case.

Half the screen on my laptop went black

It might happen since your laptop was being fallen down and it has damage the part of your LCD screen which has made your screen died, it will be looking like your screen has being switch OFF, then in this case you need to replace your LCD screen or if it's in warranty then call up Dell support fro further assistant but make sure they shouldn't come to know that your laptop was being fallen down and that why your are facing this issue.

Re: Half the screen on my laptop went black

My LCD screen also went half black of my screen with a thin vertical line that divides a working half and rest half of it i cannot see and my laptop is not in warranty period do i have to pay for a new LCD screen because this not under warranty period.

Re: Half the screen on my laptop went black

There is not need of wasting money because i was also facing such kind of issue and had came to know that such kind of things happen because a controller circuit board behind the LCD screen is pressure fit with a flat surface on the back of the LCD screen and normally this place has lots of some dust gets collected and the contact between the circuit board and the LCD screen gets lost because of which you are getting a break. So to overcome from this issue you need to remove back of your LCD screen and have a clean of those area and please make sure do do it properly if you don't know then try to take some help of any technicians.