Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-06-2009

What is a good refresh rate for lcd

hi,
I am looking for good Refresh Rate of lcd screens that is good for gaming? as i know that Refresh Rate and the FPS are closely related so that can be trouble to view so please tell me how to get good refresh rate?
thank you
Old 27-06-2009

Re: What is a good refresh rate for lcd

I think if you are using any monitor with DVI connection than you can only able to use 60 refresh rate any way where all monitors come with that high of refresh.
Old 27-06-2009

Refresh rate refers to the rate at which the picture relays the image. This is the thing that Plasma says they do better, however, anything with a refresh rate of less than 16ms is fast enough for the eye to not even notice because there are only 30 frames in a second. Most of the TVs are around 12ms which is over kill. Make sure yours is under 16 and you're good to go.where LCD is set to 75Hz ...
Old 27-06-2009

for crt ,The refresh rate can be calculated from the horizontal scan rate by dividing by the number of horizontal lines multiplied by 1.05 (since about 5% of the time it takes to scan the screen is spent moving the electron beam back to the top). For instance, a monitor with a horizontal scanning frequency of 96 kHz at a resolution of 1280 ? 1024 results in a refresh rate of 96,000 / (1024 ? 1.05) ≈ 89 Hz (rounded down).The closest thing liquid crystal shutters have to a refresh rate is their response time, while nearly all LCD backlights (most notably fluorescent cathodes, which commonly operate at (~200Hz) have a separate figure known as flicker, which describes how many times a second the backlight pulses on and off.

However they also have a Refresh rate that governs how often a new image is received from the video card (often at 60Hz).

wiki ..

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,