Thread: XFX GeForce 9600 GT Problem , need help!

XFX GeForce 9600 GT Problem , need help!

Guys i really need you, i need some advices, posssible solutions to this odd problem i have

My computer is :
    Motherboard: Asus M3N78
    CPU : Quad Core Phenom X4 Black Box Edition 2600 Mhz
    Ram : 4 Gb Kingmax ddr 2

Problem is this motherboard has a GeForce 8200 onboard videocard which i thought of replacing, also it has "Hybrid SLI" feature!So i got myself a XFX GeForce 9600 GT 512 Mb videocard, but when i put it on my system after logging into some game that requires alot of graphic it simply goes to somekind of stand by....my computer does not shut down or restart....it simply goes blank monitor! And i used up any ideeas I checked the xfx gforce 9600 gt on other system and it runned awesome so the new card not being good is out of question!I was thinking mabe the power supply can t handle too much! But cmmon is a thermaltake TR2-420W power supply so it can t be that no?
    But still it acts like some kind of protection is stopping my pc, but what? i don t think is cause of something heats up so much
    I did noticed that my motherboard GPU reaches infernal 90+ C degrees but still i cheked on forums and they sayd is normal for this kind of motherboard!
    Also i was thinking that hybrid SLI might cause the problem, but i tryed with onboard card disabled and enabled and same restults! At one point when graphical demand is too high my pc just goes blank screen yet it doesn t shut down or restart
    Plz guys give me a solution or an ideea cause i dont want to waste money to keep my new videocard in storebox ((

Re: XFX GeForce 9600 GT Problem , need help!

Did you uninstall the old onboard graphic drivers, before removing it?

if not, uninstall the old drivers with old card in, shut down, take card out, pop new one in, reboot, load windows & install new drivers (usually best to download the proper drivers, in otherwords newest ones from nVidia's website, before any of this, save it somewhere like the desktop or my documents folder, so its easy access after uninstall of old). see if that helps. I would also run a demo of 3DMark06 and see what happens. If you get through the entire bench without any problems then my guess would be the problem is software related and not your card. If you are still having problems afterward, try running Driver Cleaner Pro software and do a clean install of the latest nVidia display drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/

I think you need to have proper cooling solution for your XFX GeForce 9600 GT, there are some good solutions available in the market, for the appropriate solution you will get get it from their official site, Cooler Master will also be the best possible solutions to it.

You may have look at the following forum discussion:
    Overclocking Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT

Quote Originally Posted by appy10 View Post
    Did you uninstall the old onboard graphic drivers, before removing it?

if not, uninstall the old drivers with old card in, shut down, take card out, pop new one in, reboot, load windows & install new drivers (usually best to download the proper drivers, in otherwords newest ones from nVidia's website, before any of this, save it somewhere like the desktop or my documents folder, so its easy access after uninstall of old). see if that helps. I would also run a demo of 3DMark06 and see what happens. If you get through the entire bench without any problems then my guess would be the problem is software related and not your card. If you are still having problems afterward, try running Driver Cleaner Pro software and do a clean install of the latest nVidia display drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/
    Well i did installed a new windows ....to be more pecific when i first put in the new videocard i had windows 7 installed on my system!When i had this problem i thought of reinstalling OS so i have now windows XP46bit version!Also i went to nvidia website and let it autodetect best driver for my new videocard!I installed it and then i ran latest 3DMark available!It went trough all tests without any problem but after i logged into the game i play and is kinda graphical demanding but i don t think is the most demanding game, still i got this problem!After i played the game for about 5-10 minutes computer went to this odd standby, blank screen and videocard cooler went spinning making quite a noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Adham View Post
    I think you need to have proper cooling solution for your XFX GeForce 9600 GT, there are some good solutions available in the market, for the appropriate solution you will get get it from their official site, Cooler Master will also be the best possible solutions to it.

You may have look at the following forum discussion:
    Overclocking Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT
    I don t think is about cooling...i used CPUID Hardware monitor to check temperatures all the time!And as far as i saw GPU doesn t go aboev 45 C degrees! Also placed my hand over the videocards cooling system and overall the card is a warm but not heated like unbearable heated!

I had this exact same problem once and I wound up going in to the device manager and disabling the on-board video. Hybrid SLI is difficult to implement and really has not been worthwhile in my experience.