Thread: no display Sapphire HD4850

no display Sapphire HD4850

Hi friends,

I recently got a Sapphire HD4850 from newegg. I attached it to my comp with an unbranded 500W PSU. It worked fine for a 2-3 days. One day when i switched it on the system booted and i say the display come. Then the display went away but i could hear the windows logon tune. After that i have not been able to get display from my card. I attached my card to my friends comp with coolermaster PSU. He is also using the same card which he purchased along with mine. Display is coming on his card but not from mine.

The fan on the card is running and the comp tries to set display to it but since ther's some problem in it, display gets switched back to the onboard graphics card.

The red LED behind the card glows once when power on. This is the exact same as the card which is working.

I'm currently in Hyderabad, Can i get any kind of support here. The warranty might only be in US so I'm willing to pay to get my card repaired.

What is the best method to get my card corrected or should i send it to US to newegg itself. I dont' want to do this as this will need alteast 6 months of time.

Please help. Any insight wold be helpful

Thanks
    Gaurav

BTW: i have already got the coolermaster PSU but the card is not working. Guess i was too late

Re: no display Sapphire HD4850

Well, seems like you just busted your graphics card. If its a new one, it would be under warranty, also don't tell them you used an unbranded PSU, tell them evry part which is compatible was used and you will get the graphics card replace, if it doesn't have any physical damage...

Have you tried checking out in Sapphire service center in Hyderabad or other source .

The reason behind this could be a your PSU .

Have you tried checking out in Sapphire service center in Hyderabad or other source
    I have no idea where to look for Sapphire service center in Hyderabad. Can you give me any pointers as to how to find it. I'll call a local vendor tommorrow. Hope he'll help out.

Thanks
    Gaurav

Exclamation Re: no display Sapphire HD4850

Quote Originally Posted by gauviz View Post
    Hi friends,

I recently got a Sapphire HD4850 from newegg. I attached it to my comp with an unbranded 500W PSU. It worked fine for a 2-3 days. One day when i switched it on the system booted and i say the display come. Then the display went away but i could hear the windows logon tune. After that i have not been able to get display from my card. I attached my card to my friends comp with coolermaster PSU. He is also using the same card which he purchased along with mine. Display is coming on his card but not from mine.

The fan on the card is running and the comp tries to set display to it but since ther's some problem in it, display gets switched back to the onboard graphics card.

The red LED behind the card glows once when power on. This is the exact same as the card which is working.

I'm currently in Hyderabad, Can i get any kind of support here. The warranty might only be in US so I'm willing to pay to get my card repaired.

What is the best method to get my card corrected or should i send it to US to newegg itself. I dont' want to do this as this will need alteast 6 months of time.

Please help. Any insight wold be helpful

Thanks
    Gaurav

BTW: i have already got the coolermaster PSU but the card is not working. Guess i was too late
    I have a simular problem with 2 computers that are doing this to me. I even changed the sound cards in both computers ( yes I made sure the correct drivers and software and bla bla are also installed and compatable.
    But when I go to boot up the computer I cannot see NOTHING at all. You can hear the computer booting up and ready to get to the log in screen and then wait for yoiu put in your password... but I do not know the prolem.. it is also surely not the monitors either , because I tested both monitors on 3 other computers in my house and they work fine also.. I can find no hard ware problems at all.. With the second computer , I can say it is very strange , because all we do on that computer is play games. ( No there is no virus and bla bla bla..) the same thing happened to the second computer as it did with the first computer . ( They boot up , but cannot see nothing on the screen)..
    I know for a fact that no screen savers are set to run and no suspend mode or hybernate mode is causing the problem either. ( some one can joke with your computer and go into the system's settings( or the settings that deal with part of your screen daver setting , then go to the Hybernate settings and set when you want the computer to automatically sleep or the screen saver to auto start and the computer will go to sleep ). My nephew did this to one of our computers before and as soon as you boot up , it will go into hybernate mode. ( NOT THE PROBLEM )

So if there is any help out there at all with troubleshooting why you can not see on your monitor / screen during bootup of your computer . Please reply and help

thanks

Cory