Thread: Difference between "discrete graphics card" and integrated card"

Difference between "discrete graphics card" and integrated card"

I would like to know that what is the difference between "discrete graphics card" and integrated card" on a laptop. Can any body provide me the correct information on the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Difference between "discrete graphics card" and integrated card"

According to me, it depends on the brand of your laptop. You cannot upgrade any laptop with intergrated graphics. Almost all graphics on laptops cannot be upgraded. The only laptops that the graphics can be upgraded are those of expensive gaming laptops. Intergrated graphics are for doing very basic tasks such as word processing, web surfing and checking email. If you want to game get a laptop with a discreet graphics card. They are more for gaming and heavy multimedia editing.

You can use Discrete graphics card for gaming, but it also work fast for other tasks such as browsing, video editing, picture viewing, video playing, and it even doesn't slow down your system RAM, which is been shared with your system.

If you are playing games on the machine it is very important to have a discrete graphics card, even if its a laptop. If you want to game get a laptop with a dicreet graphics card. They are more for gaming and heavy multimedia editing. According to my best of knowledge, i think its better to stick with discrete cards. As your motherboards will generate more heat and overclocking is going to be limited. So prices of computers would increase. I would myself rather stick with discrete cards.