Thread: How to find out graphics card bios version

How to find out graphics card bios version

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6600 graphics card which is pretty old. I want to flash the BIOS of this graphics card but I don't know which version of BIOS currently I am having. The problem is that it freezes a lot from quiet long time. Do you know how to find out graphics card bios version? Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: How to find out graphics card bios version

The BIOS is the firmware software of your graphics card that comes by default with it. You can easily find it under System information window in Windows. To open it, go to Start, then Run and type msinfo32 and press Enter. System Information window will open. Now under Components you will find the graphics card which you have installed. Click on it and you will find which is the BIOS version of your graphics card.

In fact you can find the BIOS of the graphics card directly when the computer starts. If your computer is power on, then restart your computer. Now before the motherboard gets load, you will see what graphics card you are having alongwith other details like graphic card's RAM, its BIOS etc. The second to find the graphics card BIOS is by going to Display Properties, then click on Settings tab, then click on Advanced button and then finally select Adapter tab. Here you will find the BIOS version under "Adapter Information".

You can also use some third party software's like Everest, OCZ or GPU-Z to find out the graphics card information. They are completely free on internet and gives you the complete information of your hardware's installed on your computer including graphics card.

To flash your BIOS just refer this guide: How to flash Graphic Card BIOS ?