Thread: Whining noise from GTX 285 Video card

Whining noise from GTX 285 Video card

Recently i had bought a new Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 Video card for my system. The problem is that when i try to load a '3d' application, let say any game on my system it gives out a high pitched whining noise. I don't understand what's the exact problem that i'm facing on my pc? Is the problem related with my new GTX 285 Video card? Can any body tell me that what can i do get rid of the above issue? Kindly provide me the correct solution in order to resolve the above issue.

Re: Whining noise from GTX 285 Video card

I think you should remove the new Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 Video card from your system, and agian try to insert it properly in your system. Check out that ypou insert the new video card properly on your system and then reboot your system and check out whether you still have the same problem on your system.

When graphics cards produce a lot of heat, usually that heat needs to be transported away from the hot core as fast as possible. While idling the GTX285 is silent. Under load the fan automatically spins up as temperatures increase.

This means that the perception of noise is not at all equal at every frequency. Noise with significant measured levels (in dB) at high or low frequencies will not be as annoying as it would be when its energy is concentrated in the middle frequencies. The fan speeds are well managed though, and the GTX 285 never got loud enough to be annoying during any of our tests. While the whooshing noise of the blower fan might be noticeable in an open setup, when the card is installed in a casing it is unlikely to be audible unless everything else in your system is silent.