Thread: Unable to restore past windows xp screen

Unable to restore past windows xp screen

I have windows XP pro installed on my machine, some strange thing going on with my machine, my windows XP boots up as usual to the log on screen, as soon as i imput my password, windows will play the log on sound and then just automatically log me off again, and there for i shut down my computer, but when i start my computer i saw that desktop has crashed at startup, just after reaching the Windows XP loading screen. When I tried to roll back to the previous windows screen it does not allow me to do so. Please help..

Re: Unable to restore past windows xp screen

The possible answers to your question will get after giving answers to the following:
    Have you tried to go into safe mode ? you may also need to go into the bios & check the temps & voltages? You must restore the image from the bootable CD and then remove the old drive before rebooting. If not then you may also need to reset the bios to default setteings, it will help you to restore to the previous state of your machine state, or else you may also as a last resort need to flash the bios (last resort).

When I did a restore of my C: drive from a TI8 image on an external HDD to a new a newly installed primary drive,Windows by default must be "C" inorder to boot. And this is normal proceedures when using third party boot managers. I noticed that TI8 displayed something similar in the Restoration script because TI8 recognized the valid drives first, then the new unformatted drive last as either "F" or "G".

Restoring a the image of the "C:" partition to the currently assigned (by TI) "F:" drive. It does not mean it is actually changing the drive of the image.Once this has done then Right click on My Computer select manage then you need to select the Disk management option Right click on disk and Change drive letter whatever you need to.hope this may solve your problem.