Thread: Video Card Upgrade for XPS 200

Video Card Upgrade for XPS 200

I have an XPS 200 machine bought some time before. I bought this machine because of it sleek and slim design. The performance is good. I wish to add a graphic card to play 3d games. Now I want to upgrade a graphic card in the my XPS machine. I am now quiet sure about the support and installation facts. Need some guidance on this way. Which one is going to support and what factors do I have to consider while upgrading the video card.

Re: Video Card Upgrade for XPS 200

The cabinet of XPS 200 is slim. So need to buy card which can fit easily inside it. I will recommend you Galaxy 9600GT slim card. It has 512 memory. It is low profile card and will best suite your XPS machine. Well if you add a video card then it is also needed to increase the power supply. But in case of low profile card you do not need to worry about it. This works great with XPS machine.

Selecting a video card can be tedious task. GPU are improving year after year. That means it need much more higher configuration to work. To determine video card consider the following. First of all memory is not the main part. The important part is compatible with the system. It is possible that a higher version can be slower than a lower on. The second important factor is GPU. It is a vital part of a card. It is small chip which is responsible for the 3D acceleration and performance. nVidia and ATI are the recent best GPU. Third part is adequate PSU. Means power supply unit. You can just add a video card and play games, this can make your system unstable. With a high end graphic card always consider a PSU also.

Your system has a 16x pci-express slot. It is a low profile slot and will not support high profile cards. Full size card will not fit in your system. There are some low profile card I am listing here and please you will need to increase your power supply also. Nvidia 8600 GT can work in your system. The model GeForce 9500 GT will also work. It comes in multiple memory sizes.