Thread: How to repair LCD TV panel

How to repair LCD TV panel

Is there a simple solution or a fix for broken LCD panel of a TV? Suddenly the LCD panel of my Samsung TV broke from the lower left corner and therefore the video looks distorted. Something might have banged on it or something heavy might have fallen on it, I dont have an idea. Is it reparable now, or I will need to buy the new panel for this LCD TV?

Re: How to repair LCD TV panel

Search this 'SAMSUNG LCD panel - support - repair center' in any search engine and the first result that you will get will be the ultimate step that you must take. If the LCD TV is in warranty, Samsung shall provide free support for it.

I dont think repairing LCD panels of the TV can be done yourself, unless you are an hardware expert and that too specifically for TVs. You can get it repaired but that again is not so cheap I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by kiLler View Post
    I dont think repairing LCD panels of the TV can be done yourself, unless you are an hardware expert and that too specifically for TVs. You can get it repaired but that again is not so cheap I suppose.
    I agree to this. Without the right parts, manuals and test equipment, there is simply no way to do it yourself.

Even worse, repair costs are so high these days, that often it just isn't worth getting a repair done because it can be more than buying a new one.

The flat panel in the LCD television makeup is the most exorbitant item to replace. In fact in some cases, it could exceed the cost of the total unit. Split or broken LCD panels obviously need replacement. Another sigh of a flawed panel are lines running the length of the panel. Still, three quarters of such panels can be repaired.

Sadly, the days of tinkering in the back of a television to fix it are well and truly gone. Even independant TV repair companies are limited to replacing modules in LCD and Plasma screens. Anything more intricate and they have to go back to the manufacturer.