Thread: Resolution changing at login screen after boot

Resolution changing at login screen after boot

When i last seat on my computer I was very sure that I keep my screen resolution on 1020x768 But when I restart after a shutdown or an update, my window screen resets to some random low resolution as 800x600, Every time i login to the window need to change the resolution back to whatever i want, and it gets all my icons back to their original place. I have also even tried changing registry defaults for resolution. But nothing revert back with the positive results.please help.

Re: Resolution changing at login screen after boot

Update drivers for your display drivers download it and update the same and then reboot: Gateway Support - Drivers, Software and Firmware Updates

If the problem still exists then click on the vista start orb. In the search bar type Task Scheduler and hit enter. Next click on task scheduler library - microsoft - windows - mobile pc -TMM - then on the right side set it to disable. The reboot your pc.

I will provide you the registry key value through which you can set up your screen resolution.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Hardware Profiles\Current\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\VIDEO\

Have you disable any startup function right at the start, this may also gives you the error while starting up your computer.otherwise the above given registry key will also reset your login screen.

Is your monitor attached to the VGA connector this is the one that keeps changing resolution. that you need to find some alternate answer to remove this, otherwise i will suggest you to download the latest driver for your graphic card and install on your computer then check the result, it the error persist then post the log message overhere.