Thread: Connecting a TV to a PC with windows 7

Connecting a TV to a PC with windows 7

I have a laptop that I connected to a plasma screen TV (112cm) to move my photos. The connection is made via an S-Video cable and it worked well on Windows XP. How can I connect the tv with Windows 7? Thank you
    wus up everybody?

Re: Connecting a TV to a PC with windows 7

Usually it is with the graphics card you have to do that. Here is a tips for Vista and the procedure is much the same for Windows 7, according to the graphics card that is installed on your pc.

Change panel configuration and then open the Nvidia control panel, then select Display. You have a menu and then again you have several displays in changing the display configuration. From here you have to select TV as your main display and start cloning vista of your screen on your TV.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

There are many ways to connect a TV to a pc, just follow the topics discussed below.
    Note that the procedures given might be for Windows XP and Windows Vista OS as well which can actually counted as a similar procedure that can be used for Windows 7.

Connect PC-TV With HDMI
    connecting LCD TV to PC
    How to connect your PC to a Full HD TV
    connecting PC to my HDTV with HDMI

On the laptop, typically (I'm not sure for your particular model) you need to toggle the tv-out on and off. This is typically done by holding down the Fn key (usually it's down in the same row as the spacebar), and pressing one of the function keys (F9, F10, etc.) You'd be looking for blue writing on the function key that says something like CRT/LCD, or something else screen oriented. Typically, it toggles between (1) laptop screen only; (2) laptop screen and TV; and (3) tv only.