Thread: Monitor flashes then goes blank

Monitor flashes then goes blank

I will try and explain the issues im having and how it started. I was playing a game called secondlife when my video card briefly shut down and came back up it did this twice before i got a warning saying the display drivers were not working or something to that effect. I installed the new drivers from the ATI web site then i tried to sign back into the game and could not sign in. I unistalled the game and on rebooting the PC the monitor starts to come on i get to the microsoft screen the screen flashes a red color then says no signal and goes blank. I have unplug the monitor, made sure the video card is seated as well as trying to reboot in safe mode and nothing works. Iam unable to get the monitor to work now. I would appreciate any help im desperate!!

Re: Monitor flashes then goes blank

Have you tried taking out the card and using the on-board gfx card? That is, assuming you're using a PCI E card with your monitor plugged into it. If so, you'd plug it into the monitor slot that comes standard on your computer.

I had a similar problem to this that I'm trying to fix, and that's what I had to do to get on the computer at least.

I contacted the company that sold me the card, which referred me to the manufacture. They seem to be helping, though I don't have much information yet. Hope that helps. .. Of course you did say any.

Hey!
    As you said you recieve a message "No Signal". This means your monitor isn't getting any signal from the computer's end. Either your graphics card not giving the output signal or your cable which is connecting the monitor and CPU isn't forwarding the signal, which means a cable break. Try using the On-Board graphics of the motherboard. If this works then the issue is with the Graphics card else the monitor needs to be checked. All the best!

Dr. V Guest

Just hit F5 repetedly when you boot the computer, it will give you a menu, select safe mode and continue.you will be able to change the settings back in safe mode. F5 is standard with all computers for boot menu.hope this helps