Thread: ATI radeon 7500 series ati2mtag error

Exclamation ATI radeon 7500 series ati2mtag error

any suggestions?

any help appreciated

Re: ATI radeon 7500 series ati2mtag error

Try this

Turn off (uncheck) Reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution displays under Display > Advanced > Options

Ati2mtag is related to the ATI Catalyst drivers. You might be having a driver issue.What I would do is remove the ati, get rid of all it's drivers and try to clean up the machine using the onboard graphics temporarily.

Have you updated your drivers lately? Download and install latest Catalyst Ati site and see if it helps.

See if the driver you have is the same as this one. Then install the new one anyway.

Then there are a couple of things you can do.. go into the device manager and find your video card, click on the drivers tab and see if it says Driver Provider = ATI, also click on the Driver Details button, there should be the following like C:\windows\system32\drivers\ati2mtag.sys.

While your in the device manager, check to make sure that there are no conflicts with your video card. Though more than likely you just had a bad install. Hope this might helps you out to resolve your problem.

i just found a patch gonna try that first.................

i couldnt find ......................"Display > Advanced > Options..........Turn off (uncheck) Reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution displays"

i dont want to go back to factory graphics as far as i remember i removed that default one that was in there cuz there wasnt any room to put this one that was years ago...dont even know if i can find the old one if i still have it...let you know if the patch works....thanks for the help people. and yeah the driver was from ati and no, no conflicts...cant update any newer for the card its got the newest.
    Last edited by Afzal; 01-05-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed

okay i fixed the problem i had to reinstall the set of drivers because it had drivers to radeon 7500 instead of radeon 7500 "series"....i guess it is custom cuz its listed "series" in the device manager too. i tired the patch first but it didnt work.