Thread: GeForce GTX 285 not responding

GeForce GTX 285 not responding

hi,
    I am using an GeForce GTX 285 video card.whenever i start playing game after few minutes the monitor says it is going to sleep, pops up saying the graphics card stopped responding, I'm not sure how to prevent my graphics card from not responding.Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: GeForce GTX 285 not responding

hi,
    do you simply tried to restart your PC ? May its an driver error.

nVidia has downloadable tools on their Web site that you can use to check the graphics card temps.

But it sounds like you might have a driver problem (even the current driver might have bugs), or there may be bugs in the game. Check the release notes for the current drivers to see if there are any notes relative to WoW. Make sure your drivers support your card.

hi,
    do you simply tried to restart your PC ? May its an driver error.
    i had same problem,i tried the video card on another pc running on windows xp but without the latest updates and the card works perfectly fine.That can only happen on Vista, but that does that mean it is vista problem?

Vista has the ability to recover from a driver crash - and to do that, Vista detects if the video driver is responding in a timely fashion or not. If the video driver stops talking to Vista, Vista declares the driver is dead, and proceeds to restart it. That avoids the need of a reboot and applications (if coded with driver restart in mind) may continue to function.

In early Vista days there's a bug in that system - but if you've done Windows update, that bug is already solved.

As for why the driver is not responding, any cause is possible. Vista itself, the driver, the game or even your hardware.But if you have other games running without problems, then it can be the game or the driver.