Thread: Problem with Video capture Card

sad Problem with Video capture Card

Hey Guys,

I'm having V-Stream 88XLP video capture card on my system. The problem is that when i try to capture a video from a VCR, it seems to be very dark. But when i play the original tape on the VCR it works absolutely fine. I tried to used the filters from various programs to try to fix up the problem in order to get a brighter video quality, but couldn't succeed in it. Can any body help me out to get a quality video on my system? Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advances.

Re: Problem with Video capture Card

Just follow the below steps mention.

• Try typing the products names in a search engine like Google. Try combinations of the product name with other words.
    • Consider the software you are looking to use and check the software manufacturer's website. For example, if you are looking to use Adobe Premiere as your video editing software check Adobe's website support pages. They have a long list of incompatibilities, and details of which cards don't support which Premiere features etc.

The Diamond Multimedia TV Wonder HD 650 can record analog TV, over-the-air free HDTV, unencrypted digital ClearQAM cable TV and FM signals. It includes dual tuners for recording one channel while watching another. The TV Wonder 650 is more than just a tuner card. The included software turns your PC into a Digital Video Recorder. DVD authoring software is included as well so you can save your favorite shows to DVD. The Catalyst Media Center software also makes it possible to transfer recordings to your personal media player so you can watch your favorite show anywhere. Attach your analog TV cable or an amplified high definition antenna and you can watch, pause, or record TV on your PC.

External devices are portable and require their own power; they're useful for people who don't want to open their computer to install anything, and also in a classroom or lab environment where it might be beneficial to share a capture device between multiple computers. For those of you with a lot of VHS or 8mm video tapes taking up closet space, there are a lot of external DV media converters which convert analog signals to DV for editing or archiving on DV tape. External devices are either USB 2.0 or FireWire, two competing technologies that are roughly equal in their delivery of data.

USB 2.0 is supposedly slightly faster (480-Mbps vs 400-Mbps) but since all DV cameras come with FireWire built in, there's an added level of convenience in being able to use the same cables.

Cards are dedicated video capture devices, some are VIVO (Video In / Video Out) capable which have the potential to turn your computer into something of a home theater. We'll look at some examples from each category, and our accompanying Buyer's Guide should help you find that capture device that's just right for your personal capturing situation.